The Felix Media Group is comprised of Felix Media Group Limited, Felix Events Limited, Felix Financial Solutions Limited, Press Acquisitions Limited, and eachof their respective subsidiaries. You can find our contact information here.
1. What information do we gather?
1.1 Information that relates directly to you (e.g. your name and address).
1.2 Information that does not directly identify you (e.g. how you might browse our website).
(1) Your IP address through the placement of cookies (seeSections 6 and 7 on cookies and their management, below);
(2) Location data, which might be gained through your IP address or GPS data (see Section 3 (4), below).
2. How we use your information
2.1 We might use your information to:
(1) Remember you when you visit our website and see how your journey through it by using cookies. We explain what cookies are in Section 6 and how you can manage them in Section 7, below;
(2) Identify your interests. We might then put your information in aggregated form into groupings (known as “segments”) by a particular audience, which means we can serve you advertisements and offers that will interest you within the website, including by reference to data we receive from third parties. Please see Sections 6 and7 for more information about cookies and how we serve you more targeted messaging;
(3) Make sure the products and services we provide to you are correctly administered;
(4) Contact you to let you know about any of our products, services or promotions (which may in some cases be provided by third parties), including by email, mail, telephone, or SMS text message. We will always act having regard to your preferences. Please see Section 4to understand more about how you provide and can manage your preferences.
(5) We may also contact you directly via social media in relation to any competitions and/or prize draws you have entered.
(5) Make sure materials on the website or in apps are presented in the most effective way for you and your computer or mobile device;
(6) Collect and log numeric internet addresses to improve the website and to monitor website usage;
(7) Assess and understand our readers’ feedback and identify usage hotspots;
2.2 If you have subscribed to any of our services, we will use the information you provide to keep you updated on those services unless you have told us otherwise.
3. How do we gather information?
3.1 Information is gathered in the following ways:
(1) indirectly (e.g. using website technology or technology when you use a FMG application (“App”) on a mobile device); and
(2) directly (e.g. when you buy a subscription, sign up to create a fmgnewz.blogspot.com profile, download a mobile device application or you otherwise provide your information when you interact with us).
(3) through your device (e.g. mobile, PC or tablet) where you have enabled location services for the applicable App or browser. This may be used for location targeted services or advertising in accordance with your preferences, which may be adjusted either on your device or via server, App or website preferences.
(4) through location technology for mobile web created by Beemray. This is based on machine learning algorithms which analyze data from different connection types. These include fixed http and https connections, location consent requests on https sites and from mobiles Apps using a https connections. More information is available here. You can opt-out of this service here.
(5) through social sign-on. We offer a quick registration option using your existing social media accounts via an App or the website. When you use social sign-on, we will gather the information you have already used in the process of registering for that social media site (in accordance with your preferences provided to that site and/or to us at the point that you use our social sign-on) and your social media account will be linked to your FMG account, including in our providing social media messaging to you (See Section 5.2, below on de-linking accounts);
(6) in the past we may have obtained certain additional details through a telephone number appending service where we have had contact details for you but do did not have your phone number or need to update your phone number. We will not use phone numbers that are gathered this way where those numbers are registered with the Telephone Preference Service. We no longer append data in this way.
4. How do you decide how you want to hear from us?
4.1 We always seek to explain why and how we might contact you at the point you give your information to us. We may contact you by email, phone, post and sms text.
4.2 We also provide the means for you to grant or withhold your permission for us to contact you. We do this by using opt-in boxes or unsubscribe options. We use these to gain your permission to contact you about our wider range of goods and services (including those provided by our partners under the range of FMG-branded offers, products and services listed below this policy).
4.3 Sometimes, we need your information to be able to contact you to provide the service you wish to use (e.g. a subscription or FMG Fantasy Football). In those cases, by signing up to the service you give us permission to send you service communications and we will not offer you the chance to opt-out from receiving those messages.
4.4 We might also offer you the opportunity to hear from specific companies and organisations that we might work in association with. We will always name those companies and organisations and provide you with the opportunity to hear from them by means of an opt-in tick box.
4.5 If there are no tick boxes, it’s because we will not use your information for any other purpose than that for which you give it (see Section 3.2).
4.6 If you have signed up to receive marketing from us by text, to stop this, please reply STOP to the last message you received.
4.7 When responding to promotions, offers etc. by postcard, if you do not wish for your details to be used by us to send you promotions and offers, please make this clear by stating “No Offers”.
5. Accessing and updating your personal information
5.1 You can update your details and marketing preferences by accessing your account pages on the website, by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or by writing to us at Data Department, Victory House, Meeting House Lane, Chatham, Kent, ME4 4TT.
5.2 You can de-link your social media account from your FMG Newz account by emailing email@example.com De-linking your account will not change your marketing preferences unless you specifically request it.
5.3 You have the right to access the personal information held about you. To obtain a copy of that personal information, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. You will have to provide proof of identification and there will be an administrative charge of £10 for processing your request.
6.2 We use the following types of cookie:
(1) Analytics cookies that anonymously remember your computer or mobile device when you visit our website. They keep track of browsing patterns and help us to build up a profile of how our readers use the website. We might use that information to serve advertisements that might be of particular interest to you on our and other websites (see Section 7.5)
(2) Service cookies that help us to make our website work as efficiently as possible; remember your registration and login details; remember your settings preferences; and meter the number of pages you view for the purpose of administering subscriptions to The FMG.
(3) Third party advertising and analytics cookies, which are placed by or on behalf of independent advertisers who are advertising on our site. These cookies may be placed within the advertisement and elsewhere on our site. They are anonymous – they cannot identify individuals. They are used for statistical analysis by allowing the advertiser to count how many people have seen their advertisement or have seen it more than once. They might also allow the advertiser to tailor advertising to you when you visit other websites.
6.3 We have no access to third party cookies and third party organisations have no access to ours. The third party organisations that place cookies have their own strict privacy policies.
7. Managing your cookies preferences
7.1 Most browsers allow you to turn off cookies. To do this look at the “help” menu on your browser. Switching off cookies may restrict your use of the website and/or delay or affect the way in which it operates.
7.2 We also use third party cookies. These are cookies that may be read by third parties (for example if you have used social sign-on and have the option to like or comment using your social media account). If you would prefer to just restrict third party cookies, here is our cookie management tool:
Alternatively, visitwww.youronlinechoices.com or click on the AdChoices logo that you will see in the corner of advertisements that carry behavioural targeting cookies.
7.3 We use various third parties to provide us with information to help us learn about how users use our website.
7.4 If you would like to disable “third party” cookies generated by advertisers or providers of targeted advertising services, you can turn them off by going to the third party’s website and getting them to generate a one-time “no thanks” cookie that will stop any further cookies being written to your device. Here are links to the two main third party advertising platforms we use, each of which has instructions on how to do this:
7.5 We also use a data management platform. We use the data this platform records to better understand our users’ interests, so that we can provide better and relevant TMG and Advertiser services based on this information.
7.6 You can also visit the trade body representing these advertising companies for more information on how to opt out of these cookies:http://youronlinechoices.com/
8. Ad Blockers
simulating the display of the advertisement.
8.2 By detecting ad blockers, we do not store any information on your device and we do not process any of your personal data.
8.3 We may display a message to advise you that we have detected that you are using and ad blocker
8.4 We reserve the right to restrict your access to some or all of our website while you have an ad blocker turned on.
9. Protecting your information
9.1 The password you provide when registering with the website is encrypted to ensure protection against unauthorised access to your personal information.
9.2 We invest in high-quality security and do our utmost to protect user privacy. No data transmission over the Internet can be entirely secure, and therefore we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information and/or use of the website. Any information that you send is at your own risk and may be read by others. However once we have received your personal information we use strict procedures to protect the security of your personal information.
10. Disclosing your information
10.1 We may disclose your personal information if we are approached by a potential buyer of our business, if we required to do so by law or in good-faith believing such action is necessary to comply with the law.
10.2 We sometimes share your personal information with third parties who are our subcontractors or providers of various products and services on our behalf e.g. the providers of the services available on our “Offers”.
10.3 We never sell personal information, or pass it to third parties for marketing purposes without your permission.
11. Where we store your personal information
11.1 The personal information that we collect from you may be sent and stored outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”) in order to carry out the activities listed in “Use of Your Information”.
12. Changes to this Policy
12.1 If we change our Policy, we will post the changes on this page. Please check the website regularly for any changes to this Policy.
13. If you don’t feel we’re adhering to this Policy, what should you do?
13.1 If you believe that we have not adhered to this Policy, please notify us by email at email@example.com and we will try to solve the problem promptly.
This Policy was last updated on 9th March, 2018.